COVID-19 Office Protocols
We have changed our office protocols to ensure the safety of our patients, staff, and doctors during the COVID-19 pandemic.
You are required to wear a mask over your nose and mouth at all times.
- The higher your mask sits on your nose, and the closer it fits to your cheeks, the less likely you will fog up the instruments. This also ensures an accurate glasses prescription, since the mask will be less likely to fog the equipment.
- If you come in with a mask that does not fit properly, we will provide you with one that does.
- Failure to wear your mask properly, after being asked multiple times, will result in you being asked to leave and reschedule to a time when you are prepared to wear your mask appropriately.
All visits to the office will be by appointment only.
- This includes comprehensive exams, special testing, frame selections, glasses pick-ups, contact lens pick-ups or orders, and any other reason that would require you to step into the office
- We ask that you call us or utilize our online booking system to make appointments. Stopping by the office to make an appointment in-person is no longer permitted.
A member of our staff will call you 1-2 days ahead of your appointment to go over your health history and to ask questions related to symptoms of COVID-19.
- Your health history must be updated at every visit. Otherwise your insurance company will not pay for the visit (the history is one of their key components for billing).
- You may be asked about COVID symptoms multiple times (the phone call, and again in-person when you arrive for your appointment). We apologize for the redundancy, but the virus can lead to changes within hours and we must ask these questions for your safety.
- Please have your previous glasses and contact lens prescription details ready – you will be asked about them.
We ask that you do not come early for your appointments.
- We have a strict schedule, and we have arranged the schedule so that only one person will be arriving at a time.
- Only one person inside the vestibule at one time, please.
- Your temperature will be checked. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher will be asked to reschedule.
Social distancing (6 ft) will be practiced throughout you visit.
- We ask that you come alone to your appointment
- In the case of a minor or those unable to come alone, we ask that only one adult occupy the exam room along with the patient and doctor. We cannot social-distance with two parents in the room with the child and doctor. This is strictly enforced.
- Checking the retina through a dilated pupil requires the doctor to stand very close to a patient. Due to this high risk exposure, we are requiring the Optomap retinal photos to be done on all wellness eye exams. This prevents 30 additional minutes of in-office testing for the patient, and allows social distancing within the exam room.
- If the doctor finds that you have an eye condition that warrants dilation, you may still be dilated.
Hand sanitizer will be available for use.
- We are in the process of installing hand sanitizer dispensers in various locations around the office. Feel free to use them.